Friday, February 05, 2010

Chat Pack - Lost

Okay, so how many of you saw the title of this post and thought I was going to talk about the show LOST?  No such luck, people.  No such luck.  I'm not a Lostie, nor could I even try to be.  I have attempted on three separate occasions to watch the pilot episode and never could figure out what was happening.  So I gave up long ago. 

So what I'm really doing on this fine Friday is answering another question from my Chat Pack. 

Question:  If you could get one thing back that was either lost or destroyed, what would it be?

I could answer this one on a few different levels, but I'm going to keep it simple today.  In fact, when I found this question in the box a few weeks ago, this is the very first thing that came to mind... my Senior Yearbook from 1991.

LizSenior Yeah, my senior yearbook has been missing for many years.  I have searched everywhere I know to look.  I looked in all my bags and boxes of stuff I brought with me when I got married in '95.  I had looked through all my parents' boxes in storage, to the best of my ability.  I have no idea what happened to it.  I have five other yearbooks from junior high through 11th grade that managed to remain together, but the senior yearbook is gone.  GONE!  My SENIOR YEARBOOK.  The most important one of all.  It was the only year my picture looked good.  And it's gone.

I imagine all my classmates sitting at home on weekends flipping through the pages of their senior yearbooks reminiscing.  They're reading all those personal notes that our friends signed like, "It's been fun getting to know you"... "You have a fun personality"... "You have a nice smile"...."Don't ever change."  And I'm missing out on all that.  I can't help but feel a bit jealous of my fellow grads.  I hope they know how lucky they are.

I sure wish I could get my yearbook back.  {sigh}

Has anything important to you been lost or destroyed, and you want it back?

2 comments:

  1. My relationship with my dad --but I dont really want it back. Its too late now. I only look forward...not behind!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is somewhat similar - I lost my class ring. I was going on a date and remember putting hand lotion on as I was walking out the door. That was the last time I saw it. It was really cool with a green stone. Yeah, Mar, green. {sigh}

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.