I haven't been part of the Random Dozen in many weeks, but I thought I'd jump in today.
1. Are you pleasant when you're ill, or are you a grumpy, fussy patient?
I guess I'm grumpy when I'm sick, but I always try not to ask for too much.
2. When you find out that school is canceled (due to inclement weather) what is your gut reaction?
My gut reaction is to wish I was still a kid in school, so I could take a day off. I don't have kids, so snow days (or bad weather) don't affect me.
3. What is one domestic skill you wish you could improve?
Baking. I can do it, but there are a lot of times I've had to throw dough or batter away that just didn't come together right. I also struggle without a photo accompanying a recipe because I'm never sure how to tell if something is done. I'm always afraid I'll over bake something, and then they get burnt. I sure could improve in the baking department.
4. Do you decorate your home for Valentine's Day?
No, I basically ignore Valentine's Day. Does anyone else ignore it?
5. What song is on your mind today?
"Glorious Day" sung by Jeff Johnson
6. Do you prefer contemporary movies or classic?
I like both, but I guess I'm more into contemporary movies these days. When I lived at home, my sister and I would sit with our mom and watch musicals together like Singin' In the Rain, Funny Girl, The King and I, and Brigadoon. I still like those movies, but I guess they're more fun to watch with someone, rather than alone.
7. How well do you "compartmentalize" your feelings? For example, how well can you put aside a really trying moment to deal with the immediate situation which is not related to the trying moment, e.g., putting aside a tiff with your spouse in order to finish wallpapering a room.
Not good at ALL. I have to deal with problems like right now. If things aren't resolved pretty quickly, I find it hard to do anything else.
8. What is the first thing that attracted you to your spouse? (Or if you're single, to your best friend.)
Rich just sort of has this charm about him. It's kinda like a shy humor. I don't know how else to explain it.
9. When was the last time your heart raced?
It was last week. Sometimes our surround speakers pick up a frequency from CB radios or cell phones when trucks drive past our house. It comes in LOUD and SUDDEN. Scares the livin' daylights out of me.
10. What are your memories of Valentine's Day at school?
I remember being in elementary school when we would decorate paper bags to receive valentines from our classmates. Seems like we'd get some candy and conversation hearts, and we probably even had a little party with heart sugar cookie cutouts with pink or red frosting. I remember one year I was probably in the 3rd or 4th grade when I was home sick with the flu on Valentine's Day. I was so depressed because I was going to miss out on the party. They did save me a bag of valentines and treats, though.
11. If you were going to receive candy for Valentine's Day, which would you prefer?
CHOCOLATE!!! Ghirardelli or Dove would be just fine. Although I will eat conversation hearts, I've never really cared for them ever.
12. Red or pink?
You should go and visit Linda's blog now and see how other bloggers answered the Random Dozen.