Friday, February 19, 2010

Chat Pack - Looking Back

Hi, friends.  It's Friday and another Chat Pack post.  The question for today is...

When you look back on the life you have lived to this point, what in particular amazes you the most?

Looking back through my 37 years, I have to say that I'm most amazed at the amount of heartbreak I've experienced, but in spite of the heartbreak I have survived.  I just keep on going.  My faith is still intact.  My love for God deepens, and my desire to seek Him continues to burn.  That is what amazes me. 

I know some people crumble under adversity and would rather walk away from God, abandoning the faith they said was real.  I just don't see that as an option.  Who would I be without my Lord Jesus?  And even more importantly, where would I go into eternity without my Lord Jesus?

In the time Jesus was on the earth, he had disciples that turned away from following Him after a time.  And then Jesus addressed the twelve,

Then Jesus said to the twelve, "Do you also want to go away?" But Simon Peter answered Him, "Lord, to whom shall we go? You have the words of eternal life. Also we have come to believe and know that You are the Christ, the Son of the living God." (John 6:67-69 NKJV)

"To whom shall we go?  You have the words of eternal life?"  If Christ is the only way to eternal life, then I must follow.  I can't imagine where else I'd go.  I would be so lost.  My prayer is that I never stop seeking after Him who has the words of eternal life.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.