Thursday, March 19, 2009

Just Do It

I just finished 20 minutes of walking on the treadmill, and I think I'm getting back in my stride.  I think I'll be bumping it up to 30 minutes the next time.  Thank goodness my body is responding to activity.

The comments I received on Tuesday seemed to be varied.  I had a few that thought I sounded motivated and encouraged me to stick with it.  Some readers felt de-motivated, which wasn't the direction I intended to sway you, and still others were even inspired to get their bodies active again.  I can't believe I did all that with just a post.

Here's the moral of the story.  If you are currently active in some sort of exercise, DON'T STOP.  If you want to get back into exercise after a prolonged break because you know it's good for your body, DO IT.  Just know that it's going to hurt the first few times, but your body will acclimate to it again.  Aren't the results worth it in the end?

Did you enjoy this post? Consider subscribing to my feed.

1 comment:

  1. I've been exercising, Liz, but have been discouraged. I ride a stationary bike 3-4 times a week for about 45min. each time.......after the first 4 weeks, I lost about 5 lbs. Now I've been doing it for 9 weeks and haven't lost any more weight....my eating/diet is about the same, but I'm discouraged....but I WON"T give-up! It's good for me. Keep up the good work on your end. Have a great weekend.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.