Monday, November 22, 2010

Book Review: Unlocked by Karen Kingsbury

Unlocked Unlocked by Karen Kingsbury is a touching story that gives the reader a glimpse into the challenges a family faces when their child is suddenly "locked up" in the prison of Autism. 

Tracy Harris fights the daily challenges with her son Holden, relying on nothing more than her faith since her husband and friends abandoned her when faced with all the questions and uncertainties that came with the diagnosis of Autism.

As Tracy prays for God to bring about a means to unlock Holden from his private world, God is working behind the scenes to bring healing and miracles through the power of music and love, and in ways she never would have dreamed possible. 

I have never read any of Karen Kingsbury's books, but if the others are as good as this one, I will be looking up her other titles.  The story caught me up right away and drew me in.  I loved the characters and could feel Tracy's love and longing for her son, to be able to reach him.  They felt like real people to me.

I would recommend this book because the story is moving and unforgettable.  I don't think I've ever gotten goosebumps while reading a book, but I had them as I turned page after page of this one.  I look forward to reading more from this author.

I wish to thank Zondervan for providing me with a review copy of this book.  I was not required to write a positive review.  The opinions stated here are my own.

  • Subscribe to my blog by Email or Feed Reader
  • Follow me on Twitter

    Share/Bookmark 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.