Monday, June 07, 2010

Memory Monday: Isaiah 41:13

When I think of the things I lack in my flesh to obey and accomplish what God would have me to do, two very necessary elements come to mind. Strength and courage.

But I am so weak. I'm weak physically, spiritually, mentally and emotionally. Oh, sometimes I like to imagine that I'm strong, but I'm not. I'm helpless in and of myself. Do you know how many times I start a prayer by saying, "God, I need you"?

And courage? I've had people tell me they believed me to be so self-confident and able to do anything I set my mind to. If only they knew how fearful I am. I mean, fearful of things that some people would find to be ho-hum, no big deal.

So if strength and courage are not within me, then I'm going to have to find them somewhere else. It's a good thing I know God. He said He would supply those things for me because He is my God. My memory verse for the week speaks of His provision for strength and courage. 

For I am the LORD your God, who upholds your right hand, Who says to you, 'Do not fear, I will help you.'

~ Isaiah 41:13 (NASB)

I link up with Joanne at The Simple Wife for Memory Monday. Go share your memory verse for the week.

Share/Bookmark  
Reblog this post [with Zemanta]

1 comment:

  1. Strength and courage. Two things I need far more of, too, but don't have within me. I guess that's the point. I need to add your verse to my memory list...

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.