Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Vacation... Here I Come!

My vacation officially begins Thursday morning.  Or you could say it officially begins when I leave the church office at noon today.  Either way, I'm almost there.

It has been a tough week for me, and I'm really ready to go away.  REALLY ready.  A friend of mine has moved away temporarily, and it's been rough dealing with my emotions and the emotions of my friends who are feeling the pain that comes with separation.

Vacation is giving me something new to look forward to.  I am going out of town.  Very much out of town, in fact.  Farther than I've been in a long time.  Let's see, I went to Disney World in October of 2000, so it's been just about 8 years since I have gone farther than a 4-hour trip.  But lest I get your hopes up for me, I'm not going to Disney World.  (Sorry, Amanda.)

I'm feeling pretty well prepared to head out early in the morning because I've made a list of what I needed to buy and what I didn't want to forget to pack.  I'm gonna throw all my stuff into a couple bags this afternoon, and I'll be ready. 

Whoever knows me in real life, please check on my husband while I'm gone.  Although he was accustomed to bachelorhood before our marriage, I'm leaving him for 10 days, and we've never been apart from each other for more than 2 days.  I'm purposely putting those thoughts out of my head, so as not to make my departure difficult.  I'm gonna miss him.... and Dixie, my baby girl!  {sigh}

I'll try to take some good pictures of my travels to share with you.  I anticipate I'll see some interesting sights en route to my destination.

So hang around.  I'm sure I'll be blogging on location...

3 comments:

  1. Where are you going??????
    You are killing us here!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Kat...you've got to tell us where you are going! Regardless, I'm glad that you're getting away, and I hope that it will be a very enjoyable time for you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The suspense is killing me! And I didn't realize you were going sans dh! How exciting! Can't wait to hear all about it. Relax and enjoy!!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.