Tuesday, August 26, 2008

More Vacation

My vacation has been going fine.  I got over my stomach bug, so I spent much of Saturday with my mom.  My parents took me to lunch at Chili's, and then Mom took me to Coldstone Creamery later while Dad took a nap.  We even ran to a department store and found a cute jean skirt for me at a great price.

Today I spent time with my sister.  We went to a ceramics studio and painted pottery for a couple hours.  I wasn't very confident with the colors I chose for my piece until it was almost finished.  When it was completed, I loved it.  It's going to be even cooler once it's been fired.  I can't wait to see how it turns out!

After pottery we went to a nearby Mexican restaurant for lunch.  We were going to try a dessert called a banana chimichanga, but the waitress said it was huge even if we split it.  They wrap a banana in a tortilla, fry it, and put ice cream and whipped cream all over it.  Doesn't that sound fabulous?  Kathy wasn't up to it, so I ordered a small slice of cake to share with her instead. 

After I left her, I went over to visit a friend I don't get to see very often.  I spent the rest of the afternoon catching up with her.

Rich and I are now planning an overnight getaway for Thursday and Friday.  We've made the reservations and everything.  My parents are going to babysit Dixie while we're gone.  I think they can handle it.  Hopefully, Dixie can too.

And that's how things are shaping up...

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad that you're getting some vacation anyway and a break from the norm. Enjoy your getaway!

    ReplyDelete
  2. All that sounds fun! I want to see the pottery you make!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.