Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Fall Into Reading 2010 Challenge: Wrap Up

It's the first day of winter, which means it's time to wrap up the Fall Into Reading 2010 Challenge with our host Callapidder Days.  I enjoyed having something to challenge me to read, although my reading lists changed not too long after I chose my books. 

These are the ones I read:

Fiction:

  • Love's First Bloom by Delia Parr
  • Masquerade by Nancy Moser
  • The Intervention by Terri Blackstock
  • The Telling by Beverly Lewis (audio)
  • Unlocked by Karen Kingsbury
  • The Screwtape Letters by C.S. Lewis
  • A Time to Dance by Karen Kingsbury
  • Unwrapping Christmas by Lori Copeland

Non-fiction:

  • The Holiness of God by R.C. Sproul
  • Discovering Jesus in the Old Testament by Nancy Guthrie (a devotional for review that I simply skimmed it)
  • Radical Womanhood by Carolyn McCulley
  • Outrageous Mercy by William Farley

**My top recommendations from this list are The Intervention, Unlocked, The Holiness of God, and Outrageous Mercy.**

These are the ones I either didn't get to or just set aside for later:

  • A  Woman's Place - Lynn Austin
  • Riven - Jerry B. Jenkins
  • In My Father's House - Brock & Bodie Thoene
  • The Joy of Fearing God - Jerry Bridges
  • The Divorce Dilemma - Dr. John MacArthur
  • The Fear Factor by Wayne and Joshua Mack (a study I'm still working on)

    Overall I'd say I did fairly well.  That's a lot of books for me to complete in that period of time.  I look forward to the spring when Callapidder Days hosts another reading challenge.

    • Subscribe to my blog by Email or Feed Reader
    • Follow me on Twitter

      Share/Bookmark 

  • No comments:

    Post a Comment

    Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.