Thursday, December 30, 2010

The 2011 TBR Challenge

Since I really pushed myself in the discipline of reading this year, I looked for a reading challenge that someone will be hosting in 2011.  I found one on MizB's Reading Challenges site and chose the 2011 TBR Challenge. 

The rules were to choose 12 books (one for each month) that I would read between January 1 - December 31, 2011.  The books had to be on my "to be read" list for at least 6 months.  The idea is to try to whittle away at those titles that are collecting but have been neglected.  I could also choose up to 12 alternates, just in case I needed to swap out a few on my original list if the mood strikes me.

Here are the main 12 books that I have chosen to read...

 

These are my alternates:

  1. Emma by Jane Austen
  2. The Face by Angela Hunt
  3. My Sister’s Keeper by Jodi Piccoult
  4. White Picket Fences by Susan Meissner
  5. Just Jane by Nancy Moser
  6. Violet Dawn by Brandilyn Collins
  7. Crossing Oceans by Gina Holmes
  8. Until We Reach Home by Lynn Austin
  9. Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier
  10. Words Unspoken by Elizabeth Musser
  11. The Lightkeeper’s Daughter by Colleen Coble
  12. Last Light by Terri Blackstock

You can find my current reading challenge list on the tab at the top of my blog.  I believe I will keep it updated as I complete the books.  If you're looking to stretch yourself in the reading department, you could head over to her website and check out the variety of challenges she presents.  Each of them are different.

I plan to read a lot more this year than just the main 12 I've chosen, especially with being a book review blogger now.  It definitely increased the amount of reading I did this year.  As of writing this post, I have read 38 books in 2010.  I would love to increase that number to 50 next year.

I hope if you're not a reader, you might stretch yourself this year and add a few more books to your life. 

  • Subscribe to my blog by Email or Feed Reader
  • Follow me on Twitter

    Share/Bookmark 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.