Thursday, November 13, 2008

My Hero

I'm sending a SHOUT-OUT to my husband because he is my hero of the week.  He rescued my bathroom floor.  Let me explain.

We're having company over on Saturday night for the first time since we've moved into our house 2 1/2 years ago.  I've been concerned over my bathroom floor looking so dingy, and I really wanted to give it a hefty cleaning before company arrives. 

I purchased some cleaner and large sponges on Monday. Then I filled my bucket, got on my hands and knees, and began to scrub away at the grunge.  Much to my dismay, the grunge wouldn't budge.  Really.  It wouldn't BUDGE!  That's when my husband told me that he has already attempted to clean that floor numerous times since moving in, and he couldn't make any headway either.

Hence began my temper tantrum.  My adult-like temper tantrum.  I did not throw myself on the floor, kicking and screaming.  Sure would've like to, though.  Hubby assured me he would look for some wax stripper and see if he couldn't get that grunge up in a different fashion.

So while I was out sipping on a latte at Starbucks yesterday afternoon, unbeknownst to me, Rich was on his hands and knees in the bathroom cleaning the floor with pure ammonia.  (Someone at work had suggested this method, and he decided to give it a try.)  When I got home he took me directly to the bathroom and asked, What do you think?  The floor was SHINING.  Absolutely shining!  I could not believe it. 

And would you know that when I got up in the middle of the night to use the bathroom, the floor was even shining by the glow of our little nightlight?  I smiled in my sleepiness.

So thanks, Rich.  You're my hero.

2 comments:

  1. Wow, your husband must really love you! =)

    It's amazing what we set our hearts on, isn't it?

    And why do I picture your floor giving off a sort of radio-active glow?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Liz - you were above me at SITS today, so I came over to say hi.

    Just FYI - Mr. Clean Magic Erasers do WONDERS on floors... I've not yet met a floor (and believe me I've done a lot) that didn't take a shine to those things!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.