Monday, October 24, 2011

Book Review: His Steadfast Love by Golden Keyes Parsons

His Steadfast Love by Golden Keyes Parsons
4 of 5 stars

I was drawn to this book first of all for the setting. It takes place in the south during the Civil War. I also was intrigued by the plot. Amanda Belle, a young southern woman, is caught between her love and loyalty to her brother, a Confederate soldier, and a developing interest in Captain Littlefield, a Union officer.

As both men go off to war, Amanda struggles at home with her father and young sisters, waiting for the day this bloody war will be over and their brother returns to them. Her father is a pastor, and although she has been a woman of faith, she's uncertain that God is hearing her prayers anymore as the Civil War rages on.

I loved the characters in the story, the plot, and the interaction between the Belle family and their slaves. I could feel for Amanda's plight as her heart was torn between honoring her father and brother and following her desire to remain in communication with Captain Littlefield.

I would highly recommend this book to anyone who enjoys stories set in the Civil War period. This is my first reading of anything by Golden Keyes Parsons, but I plan to read more of her books in the future.

I received a review copy in e-book form from Booksneeze.com. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions expressed here are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.