Friday, February 25, 2011

Book Review: Blood Ransom by Lisa Harris

Blood Ransom (Mission Hope Series)Blood Ransom by Lisa Harris
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

In the Republic of Dhambizao there have been rumors of Ghost Soldiers raiding villages and all the people simply disappearing, but young Joseph Komboli has seen it with his own eyes as he watches his family attacked. Desiring to find his father before he's killed, he seeks the help of Natalie Sinclair, an American woman working for disease control, but she has no idea of the web of danger that she is about to get tangled in.

I liked the book, but I'm sorry to say I just didn't love it. The suspense was there, although more so toward the latter half of the book. I found the story somewhat difficult to get into, though. It could be that I didn't care very much for the characters, as they didn't have much depth to me.

I'd say my biggest struggle with the book was with the portrayal of the characters. I know for sure that Natalie and Chad were Americans, but I'm not certain who else was American. Since the story was set in Africa I had to assume that all the other characters were African, but they seemed very American in all the dialog. I felt like there should've been a better distinction made in the storytelling.

I will say that I appreciate Lisa Harris as a Christian writer who writes a "clean" romance. Some Christian authors just go a bit over the top for me.

I'm giving Blood Ransom 3 stars.

I wish to thank Zondervan for providing me with a free copy of the book for review. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions expressed here are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.