Thursday, February 03, 2011

Blizzard 2011 - The Aftermath

                              Blizzard 2011 

As forecasted, we were hit with a bonafide blizzard Tuesday night. I was doubtful of the warnings, but as the evening wore on I was convinced.

Thankfully, we never lost power, and the storm moved through fairly quickly. The lights flickered once before bedtime, and I prayed with every fiber of my being that we wouldn't lose power. It's one thing to be stuck in the house. It's an entirely different matter to be stuck in the house with no heat.

Our county declared a snow emergency, so we did stay in all day Wednesday. I can't say I used my time wisely. I could've been reading like a maniac, but instead I was catching up on my Biggest Loser episode that I had DVR'd and napping.

I managed to drive to church for Olympians Club, since our alley was plowed. I was super thankful to be able to get out of the house for a little while. We had fun with the only two clubbers who got to church. I was happy to be there, even if we were few in number.

So this picture is what the front of our church looks like this morning. You can see the snow is drifted up to the windows.

I'm so glad that it's back to the daily routine today. I really like routine.

Stay warm, people.

1 comment:

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.