Monday, July 12, 2010

Memory Monday: Hebrews 4:14-16

When you have an interruption in routine, it's sometimes hard to get it back.  I'm still trying.  Slowly but surely I'm getting back to implementing all the important daily things that are of benefit to me -- exercise, study, and scripture memory.

14 Seeing then that we have a great High Priest who has passed through the heavens, Jesus the Son of God, let us hold fast our confession. 15 For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are, yet without sin. 16 Let us therefore come boldly to the throne of grace, that we may obtain mercy and find grace to help in time of need. ~ Hebrews 4:14-16 (NKJV)

memory mondayThis week the memory verse for First Place is Hebrews 4:16, but I feel like I need to connect the previous verses to complete the thought.  In my Word of Life daily quiet time in June I had been reading through Hebrews, and I really appreciated all that it spoke about both Christ's deity and humanity. 

The Savior is so beautiful to me in that He -- God -- left Heaven and came to live in a flesh and blood body.  He experienced the weakness of my flesh, yet experienced it without committing sin.  This section of scripture speaks to me of a wonderful truth.  He is my perfect and great High Priest who intercedes for me to His Father, knowing exactly what I need because He knows what I feel.  He knows my weaknesses.  He knows my pain.  He knows my suffering.

If Christ knows my experience full well, then He knows exactly what to ask the Father to provide for me.  He beckons me to come boldly to His throne, and it's a throne of grace.  Not a throne of reproach.  I obtain mercy there, not beratement.

I want to approach Him boldly.  Don't you?

Share/Bookmark

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.