Sunday, December 20, 2009

Precious Moments

I don't have children, so the closest ones I can claim are my nieces and nephews.  Sometimes they can say crazy things, and I wonder, What on earth is that kid thinkin'?   Or Whose genes did they get?

On the other hand, there are those precious moments, like one that occurred tonight, when they say the sweetest thing, and you know that they love you.  Tonight my sweet Katy was talking to me before the Christmas program at church.  She took my hands and held them, and I bent over to listen to what she wanted to tell me.  She looked up at me and said, Aunt Liz...you are sooo beautiful.

Oh my goodness, could you just eat her up?  Let me tell ya, Aunt Liz is gonna run out tomorrow and buy her a Barbie Dream House for Christmas ...or whatever it is that little girls want these days.  Because the flattery?  It is working!

1 comment:

  1. She actually wants a BFC doll and they are on sale at Target and Toys r Us this week for $29.99!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.