Thursday, December 31, 2009

2009 In Review

New-Years-Carnival I've been interested in doing one of those introspective, retrospective posts where I look back at 2009 and answer some deep and ponderous questions about accomplishments and relationship building, but I just couldn't do it.  Sometimes I just can't spill my guts to the worldwide web.

But I'll tell you what I can do.  I can give you a recap of my posts, at least the first sentence of the first day of each month's posts of 2009.  As I was reading them over, I had forgotten about all the things I had written.  Some of them were actually funny and well written (at least to my standards).  Huh.  I think I've forgotten how to write since somewhere back in April.

Anyway... here we go.

JANUARY 1... So... anything look different around here on the old blog?

I'm sure you can guess why I'd say that.  I changed my blog design that day for the, what... tenth time?

FEBRUARY 2...Well, I finally did it. 

You want to know what I finally did, don't you?  I became a dot com that day  http://discoveringliz.com.  Very exciting!

MARCH 3...This week has been a tough week, as far as spiritual challenges go.

This was my second entry as part of Jo-Lynne's What I Learned This Week carnival.  In this entry I had discovered my perfectionism was causing me undue grief at work, and I needed to be more prayerful about my job.  Hmmm... guess I still need to keep working on this one.

APRIL 1...At our church's missions conference last week we were encouraged to adopt one of our supported missionary families.

Uh oh.  Upon reading this entry, I realized I've really done lousy at praying for my adopted missionary this year.  Really lousy.

MAY 1...Let's take randomness to it's full potential today and do a quiz, shall we?

This is a post that was part of the Caffeinated Randomness hosted by Andrea.

JUNE 4...Being the first time I've read anything by the Blackabys, I didn't know what to expect.

This is my book review on Experiencing the Spirit by Henry & Mel Blackaby.  It is such a good book, and I need to read it a second time.

JULY 3... There are several things I miss about camp. 

Ah yes, I knew it was coming.  Yay Camp!!!  I went to teen camp, and I am so proud of myself... you know, proud in a humble sort of way.  ;)

AUGUST 12... A friend of mine posted this on Facebook, and I think it's hilarious.

The only day I posted in August, and it was a political funny.  A video of a dog who expressed his dislike for Obama.

SEPTEMBER 16... Hi, guys. I know I'm been MIA for months.

You can see this was the point in the year when blogging began to wane.  I express my overwhelmedness about changing my diet to be more whole foods as well as getting ready for our Word of Life club at church.  I also see a typo in the first line.  Terrific.

OCTOBER 6... The calendar has once again rolled over to October 6th, and it's my birthday.

Of course, this one needs no explanation.  It was my birthday, and I had a great hair day, I might add.

NOVEMBER 1... As this, the first day of November, I am participating in the NaBloPoMo.

Awww... it's NaBloPoMo, and I actually posted something every day in November, mostly with the focus of thankfulness.  That wasn't the topic every day, but it was for most days.

DECEMBER 1... What an excellent idea it was to participate in the National Blog Posting Month.

Okay, this post had nothing to do with that sentence.  It was about spending time in the kitchen and how that is SOOO not like me.

 

And here we are at the end.  I guess that's a wrap.  I just hope I have something to say in 2010.  You too?

HAPPY NEW YEAR! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.