Thursday, September 17, 2009

We Can Flush!

It's been a crazy week at the church. It started last Thursday when the janitor noticed all the water softener salt was empty. He thought there might be a leak somewhere. Oh boy, was there!

When I arrived for work Friday morning I was greeted by a sign on the front door that stated the WATER HAS BEEN SHUT OFF. And thus began the joys of trying NOT to think about how I needed to use "the facilities".

Next thing you know, men were in and out of the church... Friday, Saturday, Sunday, Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday. In the meantime, we've had to use buckets of water to flush if we used the toilets. I did my best to hold it, so as not to use up the water we had. By Tuesday there were no more buckets. Aiy aiy aiy!

I started getting used to holding it, so much so that I realized I was holding it even when I was at home. I had to laugh at myself yesterday when I realized what I was doing.

Finally, last night they were in the final legs of the repair, turning on all the water valves in every restroom again. I was relieved when one of the men said, "The toilets are working now." Hal-le-lu-jah! Hal-le-lu-jah! (That's me singing.)

So life at the office is almost back to normal. It just feels so good to flush again.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.