Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Get To Know Me - Random Dozen #2


It's already Wednesday again and time for a visit with Linda and friends over at 2nd Cup of Coffee. Check out these Random Dozen...

1. Tell me the absolute best way to watch a movie.
Sitting on the couch, snuggled under a fleece blanket and eating ice cream
2. Do you ever think about your own funeral? If so, do you have specific ideas about how you would like it to be?
I have thought about what my funeral would be like, although I've never really thought of the details. I always imagine who might be there and wonder what kind of legacy I would leave behind. It's my prayer that people would remember me as a woman who loved the Lord and spent her life serving Him.
3. Are you more of a giver or a taker?
That's sort of a toughie for me. I think I'm more of a giver, but you'd probably have to ask other people who observe me to know for sure. Obviously, my goal is to be a giver based on my previous answer to #2.

4. Vacations: planned activities and schedules, or play it by ear?
Oh, vacations definitely need to be planned. I'm not one who gets into the details, but you've got to have a basic plan, especially if you're going to Disney World. And of course, I don't know how to vacation anywhere else BUT Disney World.

5. What is one often overlooked item in your home that needs to be cleaned regularly?
Yikes! Do I really have to say? It's probably my bathtub. I can't say it's overlooked, seeing as I look at it every day. So please, if you ever visit me and happen to use my bathroom and if the shower curtain is closed, don't you dare peek behind there. It's closed for a reason. {laughing}

6. Name a cause that means a lot to you.
The most worthy cause is that of the Gospel of Jesus Christ. Sharing the good news of receiving forgiveness of sin and giving people the tools for biblical life change is the most important cause to me.

7. Do you eat a regular old peanut butter jelly sandwich, or do you customize it? And by the way, jelly or no jelly?
It's gotta be PB & J and nothing else. Definitely with jelly.

8. If we were having a conversation in person, how would I know if you were nervous?
If I was holding something in my hands, I would fiddle around with it. If I didn't have anything in my hands, then I might play with a button at the bottom of my shirt or a tie on my jacket. I'd probably ramble about dumb stuff, too.

9. Do you have an elaborate bedtime routine, or just the basics of tooth brushing and jammies?
Just normal. Nothing elaborate.

10. Have you ever regretted something you wrote on your blog?
I always try to be so careful with what I put out on my blog for all of the worldwide web to read. One time I wrote a post that sounded quite bitter toward someone and actually published it. I meant for it to be funny, but at the same time I knew it was coming out of bitterness. Then I quickly sent the link to a friend and asked them if they thought it was too much, and they gave me a thumbs-down on it because it reflected poorly on my attitude. I was able to pull the post down before it was picked up by any blog readers. I know I would've regretted that one if it had been read.

There are times that I would like to voice my opinion on the current hot topics of the day, but I always steer clear of them so as not to cause a controversy. I guess I don't want to argue on my blog. I'd prefer to keep it a happy place.

11. Has anyone ever told you that you look like a famous person or celebrity? Did you agree?
Seems I remember someone telling me in high school that I looked like Farrah Fawcett. I don't know why anyone would think that. I had awful hair and have always been a far cry from "glamorous".

12. If you were going to dedicate a song to a loved one or friend, what would the song be and to whom would it be dedicated?
I would dedicate "You'll Be In My Heart" to my niece Meghan. When Disney's Tarzan came out on video, she was about 3 years old and my little sweetie. She was the first baby who ever really stole my heart. I would sing that song to her, and she always liked it.

7 comments:

  1. Great answers! Re: #5, once my m-in-law was over for dinner and used our guest bath. When she returned she said, "I never knew you had a full shower behind that curtain!" I guess all the years of seeing a curtain there finally accumulated and she HAD to look. Good thing the light in there isn't too great...ha ha I feel your pain!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remembered after I posted that I should forget about the bathtub. It's the MICROWAVE that's the real problem!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love "You'll be in my heart." Great song. Enjoyed reading your answers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Liz! How are ya? How's the church biz?

    Your dedication answer is the sweetest so far, in my opinion.

    Glad you played along this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awwwww. What a cute song dedication!

    I've considered putting caution tape over my shower, but that would probably only draw in the gawkers.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Liz, I don't know how to plan for anyplace other than disney. In fact I was subbing today and took a disney vacation planning guide with me. Since michael is down to only p/t work right now, disney is being put far off, but hope to go in 2011 or the end of 2010. We'll see...I always have a vacation in the works.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.