Wednesday, August 11, 2010

"Listen" by Rene Gutteridge

ListenListen by Rene Gutteridge
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

I have read some of Rene Gutteridge's books, particularly the Boo series about quirky small-town folks, which are hilarious. 

Although this is set in a small town, it's of a different genre.  It's a fast-paced story about the power of the tongue.  What if everyone in your town, your school, your workplace, or your church knew who said what about whom because the conversations were posted on a public website? 

Reading Listen made me evaluate how I talk about other people. The Bible says we are to allow no corrupt communication to come out of our mouths, but only what is necessary for building other people up. Are my words edifying, or do they tear down? Could someone else listen in on my conversations without me feeling ashamed of what I've said?

Our words have the power of life and destruction. Choose wisely what you will speak.

I loved Listen, and I highly recommend it. I've never read anything like it. This book will make you think twice about the quality of your conversations.

View all my reviews on Goodreads >>

  • Subscribe to my blog by Email or Feed Reader
  • Follow me on Twitter

    Share/Bookmark 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.