Wednesday, January 13, 2010

"Yes!"

Think about how often the Lord sets in front of you an opportunity to serve Him, and your answer is "no" because it's either out of your comfort zone or you just don't think you can handle it.  Does it happen a lot?  Have you ever wondered what would happen if you started saying "yes"?

This is something the Lord has been teaching me as of late.  I've always been one to turn down opportunities presented to me with an immediate negative response because it's not my thing or I don't think I could.

But something changed.  I stopped.  I stopped saying "no", and I started saying "maybe... I'll pray about it".  And once I start praying about something, it becomes really hard to say no to God.  Unless there's something hindering my availability, I know He wants me to answer yes.  I've learned I can answer yes because of His super-abundant grace.

Do you know what I've discovered since I started saying yes to the hard things?  After I have been obedient and followed through with the task, I have joy.  Beyond that though, I found that God is faithful and His promise is true.  His grace is sufficient, and His strength is made perfect in my weakness.  I suddenly see just how big He is and that there is no need to fear when I am dependent on Him in order to do the hard things. 

So take it from me... start saying "yes" to the hard things.  You don't want to miss out on the gift of seeing God at work in your life.

And He said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness."  Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

- 2 Corinthians 12:9 (NKJV)

Now to Him who is able to do exceedingly abundantly above all that we ask or think, according to the power that works in us, to Him be glory....

- Ephesians 3:20-21a (NKJV)

1 comment:

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.