Monday, February 22, 2016

Book Review: Transforming Prayer

Transforming PrayerTransforming Prayer by Daniel Henderson
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

It seems like prayer is one of those areas of the Christian disciplines that I'm always working to improve at. I've read several books on prayer, and this book is one of the better titles I've found.

Christians need to be most concerned with God's will as they pray, rather than seeking their own will. Henderson teaches much about the worship - based prayer, and I find it very helpful. As I've begun to practice looking for the character of God within the psalms and praying through them, I am finding that a worshipful prayer comes much more readily. Remembering and meditating on the character of God makes all the difference when you pray and prepare to go out into your day ready for spiritual battle. This is a book I will be recommending to friends.

View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.