Monday, March 22, 2010

Memory Monday: Psalm 92:1-2

I wanted to move my focus back to gratitude this week, so I looked for a verse to memorize that speaks of thankfulness.  I like this one.  It simply states that it is good to thank the Lord. 

I believe that it is good to continually look for things to thank the Lord for, and we should speak those praises out loud in the hearing of others.  It gives us proper perspective and sets our minds to thinking right and true thoughts.  His lovingkindness (His mercy or steadfast love) toward us is reason enough to thank Him.

It is good to give thanks to the Lord, and to sing praises to Your name, O Most High; to declare Your lovingkindness in the morning, and Your faithfulness every night," ~ Psalm 92:1-2 (NKJV)

If you want to join others in this, visit Joanne's blog The Simple Wife.

2 comments:

  1. This verse was exactly what I needed today. I like your Memory Monday, even though its Tuesday, its helpful! being grateful is so hard. I think this is going to be a slow transformation for me :) How's it been going for you?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your post, too. We can never go wrong with thanking God! Whenever we're wondering what to do next, we can always choose this and know we are doing the right thing. Thanks for sharing. I love seeing what others write for Memory Monday.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.