Monday, September 21, 2009

Pray Believing

Ever since I was first asked to teach the Junior Sunday School class, I've been praying over it. I prayed about the decision, and then once the decision was made I began praying for the kids. I've been praying for the ability to teach them and for the Lord to use me to impact their lives.

Ready and girded with prayer as I could be, I walked into class the first day and was met with challenges from the first minute. At first I thought...
What am I doing here, Lord? This isn't the way I thought it would be.

My next thought was...

Please help me, Lord. I know I'm supposed to be here, and you're the only One with the solution to this problem. I don't know what to do, so please show me.

So I've been praying for 3 weeks for God's wisdom on how to get through to my Juniors, to be able to connect with them as I teach, and for His leading concerning the most beneficial way to teach so as to keep their attention.

Yesterday was the third time I walked into that classroom, and as I began my lesson it became very evident to me that the Holy Spirit was there. My kids were attentive immediately. It was amazing! Oh, we still had some issues, but overall I am positive that they were listening and the changes I had made in my presentation had made a difference.

I have recently seen some big answers to prayer in the last month, and I want to encourage you to hope in God and pray earnestly to see Him work change in not only others, but in you too. I've watched God do some amazing stuff. Pray believing!

Now may the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace in believing, that you may abound in hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. (Romans 15:13 NKJV)


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.