Wednesday, April 09, 2008

Works-For-Me-Wednesday: Blogging Software

6a00d83451c5ac69e200e551b9b44f8833-800wi

As a blogger, the best tool I have found for creating blog posts is Windows Live Writer.  You can download it right to your computer and use it just like your blogging service.  When you're ready to publish, it will send your post directly to your blog.  Need to edit the entry after you've posted?  No problem.  Do it right in Live Writer, and click publish again. 

I have found that it is much easier to create a post for Blogger.com.  The main problem I kept running into was inserting photos, only to have it mess up my line spacing.  I was constantly having to manipulate code just to get my posts to look normal.   Using Windows Live Writer takes away all of that trouble.

Another fun feature is you can add Plug-ins, one of which is the ability to insert a Flickr image from your photo albums.  I also love that Live Writer will allow you to search for a previous post in order to link to it.  And if you're a big fan of using the strike-through characters, like this, Live Writer has those too.  I can't complain one bit about this program.  It has made blogging a breeze.

And that's what works for me.  Want to check out more helpful Works-For-Me-Wednesday tips?  Head over to Rocks In My Dryer.

5 comments:

  1. I am thrilled to hear about this - I hate having to change the photo sizes because my first line of text is all in a column next to the photo.

    Have A Great Day!
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOW! Who knew? I am heading over to check this out right now!!!
    Thanks for the tip!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  3. Liz~ Thank you for posting this! I've downloaded it and so far I am liking it! One question, any idea how I put the html code for my signature in so that it always comes up when I go to create a post? Just thought I'd ask....
    Thanks again!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lori, putting in a post template was something I wondered about but haven't really checked into. I would think it could be done.

    One thing you might try is asking it to update your weblog style, and it will pull up anything that is in your style sheet. If you already have a post template set up at your blog, maybe it would recognize it. I'm just taking a stab here, but that's what I'd try to do first.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for posting this.

    Good find!

    robin@heartofwisdom
    http://www.heartofwisdom.com/heartathome/

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by my blog. I love comments! I'll reply to you here or in an email, unless you have your email option turned off.